Flawless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Waracraft guild

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deucey - Resto Druid

Go down 
+5
YEAHHBUDDY
Shamanmanx
Lanfear
Sephyre
deucey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
deucey

Deucey - Resto Druid Empty
PostSubject: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:03 am

Charname/level/class
Deucey/60/Druid

What spec are you?
Resto

We raid at 9:30 AM SERVER time on Monday, Wednesday, Thursdays - can you make all of these times?
Sure can

Do you speak fluent english?
Yes

What country are you from?
Australia (Sydney)

What is your RL age?

Are you willing to respec to a PvE spec if asked?
Don't think you'd ever have to ask! Smile I'd always be the optimal PVE spec unless there was a guild PVP weekend or something, and I'd change back to PVE for raid time!

Do you have any characters in any other guilds on this server (either Alliance or Horde)?
Sorry, no. This is the first character I have that is 60 on this server.

Are you attuned to Molten Core & Blackwing Lair (These are REQUIRED) or Naxxramas (This is great if you are but not currently required)?
Only just reached 60 a few hours ago, so not attuned to anything yet, will work on MC/BWL as a high priority. Will work on Naxx once MC/BWL is done and I've started to gear up.

Describe your current gear status (will be confirmed in game). EG: +400 spell damage +10% Hit, +crit, +healing, etc, relevant to your class
My gear is pretty bad as I've just hit 60. I bought a few blue boe pieces and the epic T1 belt, I'd need a few more pieces before I am raid ready, will be working hard on that. A more detailed explanation about gear is a few lines down.

What endgame WoW raid experience do you have?
Was the GM and raid leader of Genesis, horde guild on the Oceanic realm of Jubei-thos. I played a variety of characters in those 5 years, pretty much played whatever the guild needed, but I found healing the most fun!

Our progression was:

Retail Vanilla: Cleared MC/BWL/AQ20/AQ40 (C'thun cleared, but didn't get time to do the optional bosses Ouro or Viscidus). We were 11/15 in Naxx, had attempts on Gothik but ran out of time due to TBC release. Also killed all the world bosses (Four Green Dragons, Kazzak and Azuregos).
Burning Crusade: Cleared Kara/Lord Kazzak/Doomwalker/Gruul (Hard mode pre-nerf)/SSC/TK/MH/BT/Sunwell (We had a break at Muru due to IRL and lack of shamans, came back to kill it after nerf unfortunately).
Lich King: Cleared all the 10 and 25's, did Heroic Lich King 25man.
Cata: We were up to the Twin Dragons on Hard mode, when the guild merged with Tsunami on Frostmourne.

Why do you want to join Flawless?
I am excited to raid vanilla again! Had some amazing times raiding vanilla so many years ago. I've been watching some old movies of my own and other guilds like Curse/Nihilium and vanilla was so challenging! 4Horsemen took weeks for the world first kill, none of this business today with Paragon killing the boss in one night! Flawless seems like an accommodating guild too, looks like you guys know how to have fun with some banter (Not sure I approve of Harry Potter though...) but at the same time can get the job done with boss kills. The older average age is also appealing and the fact the guild been formed for such a long time too.

Anything else we should know?
Had a few things I wanted to say which may answer questions or thoughts you guys had, also had a question or two at the end. I was intending to raise these with an officer, but you guys were busy raiding and I didn't want to disturb.

Past leading/progression etc. - Although myself, Foro and our friends have done hardcore PVE progression raiding and have our own strategies for boss fights etc. Please don't think we will waltz in and tell you guys how to do things. We just want to have fun, enjoy the game, enjoy some good banter. You don't need to worry about me becoming a backseat raid leader or anything like that. My biggest hate when I was a GM was when some hotshot made an application on the forum that looked great, we recruited him and he was some loudmouth on vent who wouldn't stop criticising our veteran members or suggesting how I should lead the guild. So don't worry about that, we just want to enjoy the game and it's banter.

Gearing Up / Loot - I completely understand that we have just reached 60 and our gear is terrible. But just like Foro said in his application, I think we are confident in our raiding abilities. If there is any gear that is going to waste, we would be glad to pick it up and show our value in raids with it. Some of us will be spending some money on gearing up with VP/DP to get closer to the guilds progression level but others can't due to IRL. But perhaps I could speak to an officer/Druid in game about what loot is required and what isn't, and I'll see what I can buy with DP/VP. I think the return on investment you'd get with providing me/us with any unwanted/de'd gear would be great! But just in terms of gear, none of us care about getting geared up first or wanting the first loot item while we are still on trial.

I personally don't care about gear that much and I don't play the game to show off my purples, I just want whatever is best for the guild. We killed Lich King about 15 times and I always passed on the LK Mount just because I don't care about loot! But that being said, if there is gear going to waste or DE, I wouldn't say no if you wanted to give it to me if it was to help progression of the guild. The risk of ebaying characters, people joining other guilds, transferring servers etc. all which happened sometimes in Genesis, is much less of a risk on a vanilla server I would think. We also don't expect to just rock up and be handed purples, we'll work on the 5man dungeons/pug runs and stuff in the mean time to help prepare for raiding.

Friends & Package Deal etc. - A few others (Around 5) will be making applications to join the guild. Most of these guys were in Genesis, others are friends that were in other top guilds etc. I know that 'package deals' and friends joining can sometimes be complicated and cause issues. But we are all in control of our own actions, and the guild comes first. So if you have to sit me out because I'm playing bad and I don't know how to dance on Heigan or you have to gkick someone from the guild for whatever reason, that is cool and won't impact any of us at all. If you have to kick Foro because he's attacking the little bugs on Twin Emps, then that's his own fault for being a noob and we understand! We are all sociable and not into the whole cliquey group thing either, I think we'd get along with everyone in the guild I hope.

Resto Druids / Classes - I rolled a resto druid because I want to heal and I believe druids had a slot open. I think Foro went hunter which was open, another friend is going holy priest, another DPS warrior, another prot warrior, another warlock. So I hope we have rolled classes which had open slots.

That being said, it only took a few days to get to 60 so if Resto Druids are full up, I am happy to roll another class if the guild needs (Holy Priest would be my next preference). I think Resto Druids are OP in vanilla though! Since Horde has priests/shamans who can put Inspiration/Ancestral Healing up, while alliance has only priests. So druids on horde are valuable with hots, swiftmend, bomb heals, combat res, 2piece dreamwalker set rejuv's etc. are amazing!

Just had two questions for you guys if that's ok.

- What's the requirements for flasks/consumables/pots for raiding? Does the guild provide or subsidise anything, or are they optional? Just thinking about what professions I should go and if I need to level any farming alts.

- I see on the front page of your website there are many Harry Potter references. I have never read a Harry Potter book or see any of the movies, does this jeopardise my chance of a trial? When does Flawless Potter and the Order of the Phoenix come to Blu-ray? I'll check it out to get up to speed Wink

Anyway, sorry for the super long post. After reading heaps, for my first guild application I thought I'd put some effort into it!

If you have any further questions, happy to answer here or in game or on vent or whatever.

Cheers.

Chicken or beef?
Beef for sure! (Especially beef burgers and beef noodles)

BONUS (to test against retards): Can you count to 3?
One, two, three.
Back to top Go down
Sephyre
Admin
Sephyre

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:55 am

Appreciate the extended post.

You're right that we don't tolerate backseat complainers (i call it ex-guild leader syndrome Wink )

By and large your app looks good, but you need to do your MC/BWL attunement and obtain the appropriate minimum gear level for druids before we can trial you.

Have a chat to Mu or Rapeinwait (druid CLs) in game about where they want you to get gear wise.

Back to top Go down
https://jpeg.forumotion.com
Lanfear
Red Leader
Lanfear

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:01 am

The Harry Potter references were only to do with that particular progression update. If you scroll down the front page you will notice we have various themed posts related to our progression updates Smile.

Anyway look forward to your attunement bump, Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
Shamanmanx
Team X
Shamanmanx

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:03 am

to answer your question about consumables, healers at the moment farm and supply all of their own consumables for raids at the moment. we have people in the guild who can make all of it though, so if you have no money on your char i suggest doing herbs and just collecting your own herbs and having the guild make it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YEAHHBUDDY

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey man I am currently put ATM and I will give you a nice response on sunday about minimum gear requirements n stuff for Druids. <3 yeahhbuddy. Go go mardiras

Srs reply tomorrow looks good
Back to top Go down
Shamwow

Shamwow

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:08 pm

YEAHHBUDDY wrote:
Hey man I am currently put ATM and I will give you a nice response on sunday about minimum gear requirements n stuff for Druids. <3 yeahhbuddy. Go go mardiras

Srs reply tomorrow looks good
Deucey - Resto Druid Fgsfds
Back to top Go down
Jt
Better than you. Period.
Jt

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:36 pm

I believe I said we would trial you, but stated that we just need you to meet the gear/attunement requirements. Also as you mentioned possibly makign a priest instead, that still applies - just keep in contact and let us know when you think you are at the appropriate gear level Smile.

Also, good night last night, though my voice has still not returned lolol

Edit: I think all guild recruitment should now happen in pubs and bars ^^
Back to top Go down
deucey

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Yeah was fun times, thanks for having us.

Yep I think after our discussions last night and my previous talk with Rape, I reckon I'll play priest. Druid is already 60 so could gear it up a little and do alt runs if needed and make it my herber alt etc.

Started the priest today and its at level 25, will get it to to 60 this week and work on attunements. Name is Jonty after your suggestion... (Or maybe it was Warchilds? Memory slightly hazey...)
Back to top Go down
jonty

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:22 pm

(Created a new account to reflect my priest's in game name). I've hit 60 with the priest and have done some stuff.

Now attuned to MC/BWL. Did some gear farming in DM, bought blues with VP, farmed a hide of the wild. I'd say the gear is MC raid ready state now, or BWL-carry-me state!

Back to top Go down
Jt
Better than you. Period.
Jt

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:23 pm

you could have renamed your old account Razz
Back to top Go down
warchild
Priest
warchild

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 am

I would expect between 300 to 400 + healing and 4k to 5k mana before we let you into MC.

where are you at right now?
Back to top Go down
Jt
Better than you. Period.
Jt

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 am

Ass with your mate offblast, we are wanting to tag your for a trial, just waiting on Thewarchild's OK about your gear. So talk to him and yeahhbuddy about it, and in the mean time I shall put you on hold pending War's OK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deucey - Resto Druid   Deucey - Resto Druid Empty

Back to top Go down

Deucey - Resto Druid
Page 1 of 1